2022 Pharmacology Conference (On-Demand)
Were you unable to join us for the live, virtual Pharmacology Conference in July/August? Register now to participate in the Pharmacology Conference On-Demand! Each of the live sessions was recorded and is available to you in an on-demand format to view at your convenience.
On-Demand content will be available from October 5 – November 30, 2022
Each of the topics/modules feature pharmacotherapeutic content that focuses on reviewing the general principles of pharmacology, including indications for use, drug interactions and common side effects of various drug and non-drug therapies. Proper monitoring of the therapeutic and adverse effects of drug therapy will also be discussed as well as appropriate treatment of these reactions.
- Topic 1: Top New Medications in Primary Care
- Topic 2: Prescribing Safely: Avoiding Malpractice and Litigation
- Topic 3: Resistant Hypertension: A New Focus on the Hardest to Treat Patients
- Topic 4: Asthma in Adult and Pediatric Patients: Focus on Latest Guidelines
Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
Early-bird Pricing After 10/1/22
Members: $89.00 Members: $109.00
Non-Members: $129.00 Non-Members: $149.00
Pre-registration is required for access to the on-demand activity. Early-bird registration closes on October 1, 2022.
A link to access the on-demand activity will be emailed to all pre-registered individuals the week of October 3rd, so you can view the modules at your convenience, anytime, anywhere. On-Demand content will be available from October 5 – November 30, 2022.
Individuals are allowed to register after October 1st, but registration fees increase by $20.00. No registrations accepted after November 15, 2022.
- Successful Completion – Attendees must register, view all four of the educational modules and complete the online conference evaluation to receive a certificate of completion. No partial contact hours will be awarded. The link to the online evaluation is available on the on-demand site.
- Relevant Financial Relationships – Dr. Wendy Wright serves as a consultant for Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi and is on the speakers’ bureau for AbbVie, Biohaven, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi. All relevant financial relationships for the presenter have been mitigated. No other relevant financial relationships were identified for any member of the planning committee or presenter/author.
- Contact Hours – Participants will receive 5.25 contact hours, all in the area of pharmacology. Contact hours will only be available to those who view the presentations before November 30, 2022.
5.25 contact hours are available to those who meet the successful completion requirements, all in the area of pharmacology.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What is the Midwest Multistate Division? The Arkansas Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association and Nebraska Nurses Association formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. As part of this collaborative, the Midwest MSD Professional Development Unit (PD Unit) was formed, which is accredited as an ANCC approver and provider of NCPD, to address the educational needs of nurses in the Midwest region.
Those certified through AANP – Contact hours received through participation in this event are acceptable toward certification/recertification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Per the AANP guidelines, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is an acceptable, accredited and independent organization that provides advanced nursing CE content for NPs seeking renewal using continuing education credit. (https://www.aanpcert.org/recert/ce_opps; Recertification Handbook)
Registration fees, less a $50.00 enrollment processing fee, will be refunded to registrants who cannot participate and notify the Midwest MSD office in writing of the cancellation before October 1, 2022. No refunds will be made after October 1, 2022.
Please contact Sara Fry at (573) 636-4623 x102 or gro.s1685642842esrun1685642842tsewd1685642842im@ar1685642842as1685642842 with any questions.