The Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD) is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA). The ANCC Accreditation Program supports the lifelong learning needs of professional registered nurses by ensuring that educational activities are designed using criteria that are evidence-based and independent from commercial influence.
Using criteria defined by ANCC, the Midwest MSD CNE Unit developed this application process for organizations seeking approval to award continuing nursing education (CNE) credit in the form of contact hours for an individual/single educational activity. Midwest MSD approval for an individual education activity is granted for a two-year period, during which the activity can be repeated multiple times as long as the educational content of the activity does not change and remains current. The appropriate application review fee must accompany the application for the review process to begin.
The completed application and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Midwest MSD Office at least 45 calendar days prior to the educational activity start date.
Application Submission Method
- Email – one (1) collated Word or Adobe .pdf file
The completed application and supporting documentation must be collated into one (1) Word or Adobe .pdf file and the file should not exceed 5MB in size.
If you are unable to meet the deadline, contact the Midwest MSD Office by email to discuss possible options.
The tools available below provide helpful tips on completing the application and additional detail about designing activities and adhering to the accreditation guidelines.
- Application Instructions – v1.2020
- Individual Education Activity Application – V1.2020
- Nurse Planner Biographical Data & Conflict of Interest Form – V1.2020
- Planner/Faculty Biographical Data & Conflict of Interest Form – V1.2020
- Planner/Presenter COI Identification and Resolution List – New in 2020
- Educational Planning Form 2020
- Post Activity Documentation Checklist 2020
Application Supporting Documents
- Certificate 2020 – Updated 1.21.20
- Evaluation 2020
- Disclosure Slides
- Agenda – 2 Day Live Activity
- Agenda – Live Activity w/Pharmacology Hours
- Agenda – Enduring Activity
- Agenda – Blended Activity
Application Review Fee
The application review fee applies based on number of contact hours under review.
|5.1 – 20 hrs||$250.00 + $20/hour|
|20.1+ hrs||$400.00 + $20/hour|
Example Review Fees
5.25 hours: $250 + 105(5.25 hrs x $20) = $355
8.5 hours: $250 + $170(8.5 hrs x $20) = $420
45 hours: $400 + $900(45 hrs x $20) = $1,300