The provider approval process is designed for organizations/companies interested in offering nursing contact hours for continuing nursing education activities provided to nurses within their organization/company. Through the application process, organizations/companies demonstrate their capacity to ensure adherence to the ANCC/Midwest MSD accreditation guidelines during a three (3) year approval period. Once approved, an organization/company may award nursing contact hours for all continuing nursing education activities they provide during their three-year approval period.
Provider applications are accepted three times per year: February 1st, June 1st, and October 1st.
Many of the forms listed below are provided in Microsoft Word to facilitate electronic completion. Please click on the file you wish to access and save it to your personal computer before completion to preserve the information you enter. Please note: If submitting the application electronically, each component of the Approved Provider Application package must be collated into one Word or Adobe .pdf file, not to exceed 5MB in size, and each of the sample activities must be saved in separate Word or Adobe .pdf files.
- Complete the Approved Provider Intent to Apply – Eligibility Verification Form v1.2020
- The Approved Provider Intent to Apply/Eligibility Verification form must be submitted to the Midwest MSD electronically at least 6 months prior to your anticipated application submission date (or renewal application submission deadline).
- The Midwest MSD will notify you if your organization is eligible to continue with your Approved Provider application within thirty days of receipt.
- Please make your intent-to-apply payment.
- Application Instructions – v.1.2020
- Approved Provider Application – v1.2020
- Nurse Planner Biographical Data Form – v1.2020
- Nurse Planner Conflict of Interest Form – v1.2020
- Planner/Faculty Conflict of Interest Form – v.1.2020
- Educational Planning Form 2020
- Approved Provider CNE Activity Planning Guide – v1.2020
Application Review Fee
Application review fee applies based on type of organization.
- $2,000.00 Single Agency Provider (see definition in application instructions)
- $4,800.00 System Provider (see definition in application instructions)
Approved Provider Fees
For a list of Approved Provider Fees please click on the resource below:
- Designing Educational Activities – v1.2020 – use for planning Provider Unit programs
- Commercial Support & Sponsorship Decision Tree
- ANCC Content Integrity Standards for Industry Support in CNE Activities – v1.2020