The provider approval process is designed for organizations/companies interested in offering nursing contact hours for nursing continuing professional development activities provided to nurses within their organization/company. Through the application process, organizations/companies demonstrate their capacity to ensure adherence to the ANCC/Midwest MSD accreditation guidelines during a three (3) year approval period. Once approved, an organization/company may award nursing contact hours for all nursing continuing professional development activities they provide during their three-year approval period.
Provider applications are accepted three times per year: February 1st, June 1st, and October 1st.
Many of the forms listed below are provided in Microsoft Word to facilitate electronic completion. Please click on the file you wish to access and save it to your personal computer before completion to preserve the information you enter. Please note: If submitting the application electronically, each component of the Approved Provider Application package must be collated into one Word or Adobe .pdf file, not to exceed 10MB in size, and each of the sample activities must be saved in separate Word or Adobe .pdf files.
- Complete the Approved Provider Intent to Apply – Eligibility Verification Form v1.2023
- The Approved Provider Intent to Apply/Eligibility Verification form must be submitted to the Midwest MSD electronically at least 6 months prior to your anticipated application submission date (or renewal application submission deadline).
- The Midwest MSD will notify you if your organization is eligible to continue with your Approved Provider application within thirty days of receipt.
- Please make your intent-to-apply payment.
- Writing to the Approved Provider Application – v1.2023
- Approved Provider Application – v1.2023
- AP Nurse Planner Biographical Data Form – v1.2023
- AP Financial Relationship Reporting Form Part 1 – v1.2023
- AP Financial Relationship Reporting Form Part 2 – v1.2023
- Educational Planning Form 2023
- Approved Provider NCPD Activity Planning Guide – v3.2023
Application Review Fee
Application review fee applies based on type of organization.
- $2,000.00 Single Agency Provider (see definition in application instructions)
- $4,800.00 System Provider (see definition in application instructions)
Approved Provider Fees
For a list of Approved Provider Fees please click on the resource below:
Application Supporting Documents
- Designing Educational Activities – v1.2023 – use for planning Provider Unit programs
- Commercial Support & Sponsorship Decision Tree
- Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education
Communication & Reporting
To learn more about the Midwest MSD nursing continuing professional development approval process, please contact the Midwest MSD Office at 573-636-4623 or email your questions.