In the beginning of 2013, several state nurses associations (SNAs) formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (MW MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. This is a collaboration of three states from the Midwest, including Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska. Each SNA will retain its own state identity while utilizing shared resources within the MW MSD. The MW MSD will provide unified tools and technologies and streamlined resources, while taking advantage of ANA capabilities and resources in order to strengthen each SNA.
As part of this collaborative, the Midwest Multistate Division Continuing Nursing Education Unit (MW MSD CNE Unit) was formed, and we are currently working to streamline applications, combine staff resources, and meld policies and procedures for the new MW MSD Accredited Approver unit.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver and provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA).
The MW MSD offers two approval processes for agencies/organizations/facilities to utilize to obtain continuing nursing education for programs they provide:
- Individual Education Activities
Organizations interested in awarding nursing contact hours for one, single educational activity or conference.
- Approved Providers
Organizations interested in receiving approval to award nursing contact hours for multiple educational activities provided to nurses within their organization or their target audience.
To learn more about the MW MSD continuing education approval process, please contact the MW MSD Office at 573-636-4623 or email your questions.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Nurses look for ANCC approved contact hours when selecting continuing education activities.
- Indicates an organization’s willingness for adherence to objective national standards.
- Respect for achieving a high standard of excellence.
- Provides an avenue through which nurses can maintain professional competence.
- Promotes commitment to high quality nursing practice.
- ANCC-accredited continuing education is the most effective and sustainable strategy to improve professional nursing practice.
- ANCC accreditation enjoys wide recognition and acceptance by licensing boards and other regulatory bodies.