The Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD) is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA). The ANCC Accreditation Program supports the lifelong learning needs of professional registered nurses by ensuring that educational activities are designed using criteria that are evidence-based and independent from commercial influence.
Using criteria defined by ANCC, the Midwest MSD CNE Unit developed this application process for organizations seeking approval to award continuing nursing education (CNE) credit in the form of contact hours for an individual/single educational activity. Midwest MSD approval for an individual education activity is granted for a two-year period, during which the activity can be repeated multiple times as long as the educational content of the activity does not change and remains current. The appropriate application review fee must accompany the application for the review process to begin.
The completed application and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Midwest MSD Office at least 45 days prior to the educational activity date.
Applications may be submitted by:
- Email – one (1) collated Word or Adobe .pdf file
- Mail – one (1) of the following to the Midwest Multistate Division Office, Attn: Sara Fry, 3340 American Ave., Suite F, Jefferson City, MO 65109:
- Flash Drives – three (3) flash drives each containing one (1) collated Word or Adobe .pdf file
- Hard Copies – three (3) collated, double-sided, hard copies
If you are unable to meet the deadline, contact the Midwest MSD Office to discuss possible options.
The tools available below provide helpful tips on completing the application and additional detail about designing activities and adhering to the accreditation guidelines.
Application Supporting Documents
Application Review Fee
The application review fee applies based on number of contact hours under review.
- 0.5-5.0 contact hours $200.00
- 5.1 - 20 contact hours $200.00 + $10 per contact hour
e.g. 8.5 hours activity $200 + $85 (8.5 x $10) = $285 Review Fee
- 20.1 or more contact hours $400.00 + $10 per contact hour
e.g. 45-hour activity $400 + $450 (45 hrs x $10) = $850 Review Fee
To learn more about the MW MSD continuing education approval process, please contact the MW MSD Office at 573-636-4623 or email your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions