The Midwest MSD Continuing Education Council is comprised of the Nurse Peer Review Leader(s) and Associate Nurse Peer Review Leader(s) for the Accredited Approver Unit, one CE representative from each state participating in the Midwest MSD, the Lead Nurse Planner and Nurse Planner for the Accredited Provider Unit and Midwest MSD Director of Professional Development and staff assigned to the CE Program.
Within the Midwest MSD Continuing Education Council there is a Midwest MSD Peer Reviewer Council and Midwest MSD Nurse Planner Council.
- Midwest MSD Peer Reviewer Council is comprised of nurse peer reviewers from the multistate division.
- Midwest MSD Nurse Planner Council is comprised of nurse planners from the multistate division.
Nurse Peer Reviewers and Nurse Planners must be members of a constituent and state nurses association (C/SNA) of the ANA from a state participating in the Midwest MSD.
Nurse Peer Reviewers Needed
Do you have a background in continuing education and/or education? Are you familiar with the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s accreditation program criteria (or willing to learn)? If so the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD) needs you!
The Midwest MSD is seeking nurses to serve as Nurse Peer Reviewers for its Accredited Approver Unit. Qualified candidates from across the multistate division are encouraged to apply. The Midwest MSD seeks to assemble a pool of reviewers whom are representative of the continuing nursing education community within the Midwest MSD. Every effort is made to ensure geographic representation from all states participating in the Midwest MSD.
- Registered nurse in KS, MO, or NE with a valid nursing license
- Baccalaureate degree or higher in nursing
- Current C/SNA member of the ANA from a state participating in the Midwest MSD
- Relevant knowledge and experience to participate in the peer review process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and accessing email and email attachments
Nurse Peer Reviewer Training
The Midwest MSD will provide training to all Nurse Peer Reviewers to educate them on the ANCC/Midwest MSD accreditation criteria. Nurse Peer Reviewers are responsible for appropriately applying the ANCC/Midwest MSD Accredited program criteria during the review of individual education activity and Approved Provider applications.
To learn more about the selection and training process for Nurse Peer Reviewers please contact the Nurse Peer Review Leader (NPRL) by email.